Pages

Monday 10 October 2011

Whoopsi Daisy Lets do Christmas Challenge

Hello, its time for another challenge over at Whoopsi Daisy and this time its Lets do Christmas and there are plenty of lovely images on Linnie's Blog and she has a buy one get one free offer on again.

I have used Linnie's sheet 292 and utilised all four images from the sheet to make a scene. Using watercolour card the sky was inked with dusty concord, faded jeans and chipped sapphire distress inks blended together. I misted the sky and then blotted it to give a snowy effect then sprayed with iridescent glitter. The snow drifts were strips of torn card which were coloured with broken china then tipped with icicles stickles . The images were all coloured using promarkers cut out and arranged on the background. The snow on the houses, trees and lamppost is dries white glue lightly sprinkled with silver glitter.

Well at least I have one christmas card made. It's a start anyway!

I am entering this card into the following challenge:
happydazedesignteam.blogspot.com Christmas or halloween

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Joanie, great Christmas scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh just love this hun that is one super card you have created just love the winter scene you have set hugs cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gratifying card for three best friends. I gifted to my dearest and sweetest friends on their birthday, I written "keep in touch" quotation on cover page. All are also gifted me a card on last Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Christmas card! :)
    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. :)
    Have a nice day.
    Hugs Lena

    ReplyDelete