Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Anything Goes Challenge #68 - Anniversaries

Hi fellow bloggers, time for another challenge over at Anything Goes and wow the DT have come up with some fab creations.

This weeks challenge is Anniversaries - to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee so it seemed only right to use my new  Pomp and Pageantry sheet  from IndigoBlu which I had bought from the Craft Den.

I haven't done a scrapbook page for ages and these Papermania Portobello Road papers were crying out to be used and they teamed up so well with the Pomp and Pageantry stamps - well I thought so anyway! I stamped the Pomp and Pageantry and Quintessentially English sentiment stamps randomly over the background paper and the Great Britain stamp was coloured with Distress markers and then stamped onto white card four times, cut out with a punch and glued randomly onto the background paper.

The lady, gent and lions heads were stamped and coloured with DIs, cut out and glued on with pinflair glue for dimension.  ER letters are chipboard which were painted with gold Eco paint and the crown was cut with a spellbinders die and I used felt and  gems to decorate it.

The flowers were made with coredinations paper and TH floral strip die and the bunting was made using some cocktail sticks with the union flag on which I got from a local discount shop. I made a mould from a rose shaped button and then used Fimo to make the red, white and blue roses. The photo was downloaded from the internet.

I am entering this project into the following challenges: Add felt Diamond Jubilee Colours of your flag Red, white and blue H for handmade flowers Always Anything Goes

Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Anything Goes Challenge #67 - Colour Combo, Black with one other

Time for a new challenge from Anything Goes which is a colour combo of black with one other  (you can use colours for hair and skin). The Design Team have come up trumps with their samples and such diversity so lots of inspiration there.

My contribution uses some of the fab IndigoBlu stamps from the Sewing Mends the Soul sheet which I bought at the Craft Den's birthday bash. To be truthful I bought quite a few IndigoBlu sets so there will  be lots of projects using these fantastic stamps for future challenges

The sewing implements stamps from the set were clear embossed to create the backing card, the TH pattern and stitch embossing folder was using to give texture to the black card and the Winged Dress Form stencil was used to emboss some cordinations card which was sanded to highlight the design.

The mannequin is the TH die which was cut in black card and just the body in canvas. The bodice stamp was stamped on teal card in black and embossed, ribbon was added for the straps and suspenders. A button punch, ribbon, buttons, charms, pins, hooks and eyes, press studs and a sentiment from the set finished the card. 

I am entering this into the following challenges: Black and one other colour Five elements - buttons, ribbon, die cuts, charms, press studs

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Anything Goes Challenge #66 Things with Wings

Time for a new challenge at Anything Goes and this time we want to see Things with Wings. The DT have designed some great projects - as usual, so do pop over and have a look.

Last week  was the Craft Den's fourth birthday so to celebrate Lynn held an open day and the lovely Kay from IndigoBlu was there all day demonstrating her fantastic stamps. In the evening those of the DT, past and present, who could make it were treated to a lovely buffet and a workshop courtesy of Lynn.

I opted to make a spool display and although I didn't complete it that night I finished it at home and this is my project for this weeks challenge.
The spool was made with a tin foil tube, circles of card cut with spellbinders and then covered in music score card. These were coloured, as was everything else with DIs, Aged Mahogany, Faded Jeans and Wild Honey, my favourite combo at the moment!

The large flowers were made with grungepaper and  Wendy Vecchi stamps and glued to bamboo skewers which I'd inked with DI Forest Moss. The flower in front was made using tattered florals and a spiral rose. Although they can't  really be seen there are also other two flowers on the base made from tissue and dictionary papers which had been cut with spellbinders, coloured with the inks and scrunched up to look like carnations.

The butterflies were EI stamps and TH movers and shapers butterflies all coloured with the DIs. I have used TH mini pins and pen nibs for the bodies of the butterflies, and some builder's scrim on the bases. All the products I used are available from the Craft Den.

I am entering this project into the following challenges: Textures Showers Bring May Flowers